A boob job (Breast Augmentation) is a procedure that involves surgically increasing the size of the breasts. It can be used to enhance the shape and proportion of the breasts, or to improve symmetry if one breast appears significantly larger than the other. This procedure offers many cosmetic benefits, such as restoring breast volume that has been lost due to pregnancy or weight loss.
There are two options for having a boob job (Breast Augmentation);
1. Boob job (Breast Augmentation) with Implants
This type of boob job (Breast Augmentation) is a surgical procedure where breast implants are inserted to enhance the shape, size, and contour of the breasts. Your surgeon inserts silicone or saline implants into the breast tissue. An incision is made in the armpit, around the areola or below the natural crease in the breast. Through this incision, the surgeon places a breast implant either above or below the chest muscle before closing the incision.
This cosmetic surgery is typically performed for aesthetic purposes, to boost self-confidence, or to address issues stemming from asymmetry, weight loss, or pregnancy. The surgery can be done under general anaesthesia, with incisions made either under the breast, around the nipple, or in the armpit. The type of implant chosen may vary based on the patient’s preferences and the surgeon’s recommendations. While this procedure can be life-changing for some individuals, it is essential to consult a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to discuss expectations and potential outcomes.
2. Boob job (Breast Augmentation) with fat transfer
This procedure involves the surgeon taking skin, muscle, fat and blood vessels, usually from the belly, back, thighs or flanks (sides and lower back of the abdomen), to create a new breast mound. This type of augmentation is usually for people who want a relatively small increase in their breast size.
Boob Job (Breast Augmentation) Before and After Photos
This Mode Plastic surgery patient had a Bilateral Breast Augmentation using 230cc implants.
This patient had a breast augmentation-mastopexy (breast lift with implants) where a breast lift was performed at the same time as her augmentation. The end result – a beautiful yet natural-looking breast shape.
The Benefits of a Boob Job (Breast Augmentation)
A boob job (breast augmentation) can provide numerous benefits beyond simply increasing breast size. Some key advantages include:
- Enhanced self-esteem: For women who feel self-conscious about their breast size or shape, a boob job (Breast Augmentation) can significantly improve self-confidence and body image.
- Restored balance: Breast asymmetry will be corrected through a boob job (Breast Augmentation), giving a more balanced and proportional appearance.
- Post-pregnancy rejuvenation: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause changes in breast size and shape. A boob job (Breast Augmentation) can restore volume and lift, helping women regain their pre-pregnancy figure.
- Improved clothing options: With a more proportionate bust, women can enjoy a wider range of clothing styles and feel more comfortable in swimwear or lingerie.
Considering a Boob Job (breast augmentation) in Sydney
Before deciding to undergo a boob (Breast Augmentation) job in Sydney, it is important to consider several factors:
- Research and consultation: Take the time to research reputable plastic surgeons in Sydney who specialize in breast augmentation. Schedule consultations to discuss your goals, expectations, and any concerns you may have.
- Realistic expectations: Understand the limitations and potential outcomes of the procedure. Your surgeon will help you determine the best implant size, shape, and placement based on your body type and desired results.
- Recovery and downtime: Recovery time varies for each individual, but plan for at least a week or two of downtime. Follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.
The Boob Job Process
The process of getting a boob job (Breast Augmentation) with Mode Plastic Surgery in Sydney involves the following steps:
- Consultation and pre-operative assessment: During the initial consultation, your surgeon will evaluate your medical history, conduct a physical examination, and discuss your desired outcomes. This is an opportunity to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Surgical planning: Your surgeon will work with you to determine the appropriate implant type, size, and shape to achieve your desired results. They will explain the different options available, including saline or silicone implants and placement options.
- The surgical procedure: Breast augmentation is typically performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make incisions, usually in inconspicuous locations, to minimise scarring. The implants are carefully placed either above or below the chest muscle, based on the discussed surgical plan.
- Recovery and follow-up care: After the surgery, you will be given specific post-operative instructions, including information on pain management, dressings, and any restrictions on physical activities. Follow-up appointments will be scheduled to monitor your healing progress.
Recovery from Boob Job (Breast Augmentation) Surgery
We recommend patients of breast augmentation surgery to avoid getting any incisions wet for at least 48-72 hours. To avoid this using a damp sponge gently around the body will keep you feeling clean without any risk.
We always recommend that you plan to be away from work for at least 1 week which will give you the time your incisions need to heal so that you can move around with minimal discomfort. Any extra time that you’re able to take will be beneficial. You should not do any strenuous or heavy listing for around 6 weeks, so speak to Dr Aggarwal and your employer if this will be difficult.
Most patients can drive again after one week because they no longer require taking their pain medication. If you feel the need to use prescription drugs to reduce discomfort, don’t drive until you can stop taking these medications.
Boob Job (Breast Augmentation)Results
You will notice a change in your breast immediately after surgery, the complete results of your breast augmentation will take some time. After surgery there will be some swelling that will take several weeks to subside completely. Your implants will also take some time to settle into their optimal position and it’s rare that both implants will do this at the same time, so be aware one implant may drop before the other.
It’s important to take care of your incisions and follow Dr Aggarwal’s post-operative instructions closely so that you can enjoy complete results after about three months.
Breast Augmentation with Dr Shagun Aggarwal
Dr Aggarwal is one of the only Sydney Plastic Surgeons who has completed further fellowship training in dedicated Breast Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has also published a CME on Secondary Breast Augmentation in the Plastic and Reconstructive Journal, the premier plastic surgery journal for educating plastic surgeons worldwide.
At Mode we find Breast Augmentation patients some of our happiest patients, as results are reliable, readily reproducible and long lasting. At MODE, Dr Aggarwal will guide you through the planning of surgery, including selection of implants best suited to achieve your goals.
Contact the team at Mode Plastic Surgery now to discuss your boob job.
Meet Dr Aggarwal
Dr Aggarwal is a well regarded, respected, highly skilled and experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Graduating at the top of his class throughout his training, Dr Aggarwal has completed fellowship training at some of the world’s most prestigious reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery institutions. He continues to publish research is prestigious plastic surgery journals, and is actively involved in the training of future plastic surgeons.
What sets Dr Aggarwal apart from others is his personal, affable and warm nature. Not only does he pay attention to detail, to producing natural, beautiful results but he ensures that the patient’s journey is just as special as their outcome. Dr Aggarwal looks after patients at two of Sydney’s most prestigious public hospital campuses (RPA and POWH/RHW), and operates privately on the North Shore.
Why Choose Us
Highly skilled Fellowship Trained Plastic surgeon – know you are in the safest of hands with a Plastic Surgeon who is experienced, highly respected, and appointed at premier Sydney hospitals- including the SAN, RPA, POWH and RHW.
If sedation or general anaesthetic is required, it is delivered by an accredited anaesthetist
Have your surgery at premier, accredited Sydney private hospitals
We provide written quotes, so there are no surprises.
Patient Centered Care
We make you our top priority. Need to ask a question, worried about dressings or something else post op? We will always be at your beck and call.
Our patients love us! Feel free to read our reviews online on independent websites, or you can speak to some of our existing patients who will gladly speak about their plastic surgery journey.
We pride our practice in personalised, professional and ethical care. Your safety and satisfaction is our utmost priority – we only provide sedation or general anaesthesia in accredited facilities and after your procedure you will have direct access to Dr Aggarwal and his staff to answer any questions or concerns.
Your First Consultation
At your first consultation, Dr Aggarwal will explain a personalised treatment option for your desired results. A comprehensive medical history and examination is followed by discussion of surgery, examination of before and after photographs and trial of implants in the case of breast augmentation. Remember to bring a referral for your consultation, to claim the Medicare Rebate.
Upfront about costs
We will always be upfront about all costs of surgery including surgical, anaesthetic and hospital fees. Our quotes are valid for 12 months so there is no pressure to decide quickly.
To help achieve your goals, we will tailor treatment options to what you actually need. We will never recommend surgical or non surgical treatment if its not going to achieve what you want. We aim to deliver beautiful, natural results.
Bio-Remodeller – Your Questions Answered
Here are 20 common questions with brief answers related to bio-remodelling treatment: 1. What is bio-remodelling treatment? Bio-remodelling treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that stimulates collagen production to rejuvenate and improve skin texture. 2. How does bio-remodelling work? Bio-remodelling typically involves injecting substances like hyaluronic acid or polynucleotides to boost collagen and elastin production in the skin, leading to...Read More
Mode Plastic Surgery
924 Pacific Highway
Gordon NSW 2072
Multiple options throughout the week
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
Level 2, Clinic D
119-143 Missenden Road
Camperdown NSW 2050
Hunters Hill Clinic
Level 1, 6 Ryde Road
Hunters Hill NSW 2110
Once a month Thursday morning.
Strathfield Private Hospital
3 Everton Road
Strathfield NSW 2135
Once a month Tuesday morning.
St Luke’s Private Hospital
18 Roslyn Street
Potts Point, NSW, 2011
One Friday each month.